Chemical peels would have to be one of the most popular aesthetic procedures that are available in the market right now. Not only would the chemical peels in NOLA be able to help improve the overall tone and texture of your skin, but it could also make your skin look so much brighter, more refined, and smoother. You would be able to get the best out of a chemical peel in 6 steps.
Here are 6 tips for getting the best out of a chemical peel
1. Do your research – know what to expect and what the peel can do for you
Before you even get a chemical peel, you have to make sure that you do your research and know what you are getting yourself into. Though these are going to be talked about during your consultation with your provider, educating yourself is always great.
Your doctor would be cleaning your face, using gauze, tape, ointment, or google to help cover your eyes, and then protect your hair. Going into this, you would not really feel any pain when you are using light chemical peels. But when you are using a medium peel, your doctor may give you a painkiller and sedative, and a sedative when you are getting a deep peel.
2. Prep your skin properly – cleansing and exfoliating are key
- Choose the correct peel that would be able to help you gain your goal
- Tell your doctor about any medication that you are currently using, or medication that you have used before
- Understand your doctor’s after-care instruction
- Before you get your chemical peel, you should not exfoliate
- Avoid using make-up
- Make sure that you avoid the sun
- Keep yourself hydrated
3. Choose the right peel for your skin type
- Alpha Peel
The alpha hydroxy acid peel, or the alpha peel is the perfect peel to help treat liver spots, acne, dry skin, and other skin conditions.
- Brown Peel
You would be able to remove some of the brown areas that you have on your skin because of aging and exposure to the sun, then getting the brown peel is the way to go. This peel is a combination of both the Retinoic acid and Vitamin C.
- Hydropeptide Peel
If you are looking for a peel that would be able to repair and rejuvenate your skin, then you could get the hydro peptide peel to help restore the hydration and get rid of some of the wrinkles and lines that you have on your face.
- TCA Peel
If you want to strip some of your dead skin off and boost the growth of new cells on your skin, then you could use the trichloroacetic acid (TCA) strip to help you with that. If you have acne scars or melasma, then you could get this peel.
4. Follow post-peel instructions carefully
- Make sure that you wash your face with cool water because it could help soothe the area.
- Moisturize and hydrated, drink more water, and keep yourself hydrated.
- When you are going out of the house, make sure that you apply sunscreen on your skin with SPF30 or more.
- You have to avoid doing strenuous workouts, steam rooms, and dry saunas.
- Though exfoliating your skin is important, you have to make sure that you do not over-exfoliate so your skin would not be red and sensitive.
5. Be patient – you won’t see results overnight
When you will see the chemical peel results would depend on the type of skin and chemical peel that you got. There are a lot of people who would already see the results of their chemical peel in a few days.
The application would take up about a minimum of 30 minutes since this would depend on how big the targeted areas are, and then you would only have to wait a couple of days for the peeling process to begin, and a couple of weeks to see the complete results.
6. Keep up with a good skincare routine to maintain your peel results
One of the best ways that you could do to make sure that you maintain the results is by keeping up with a good skincare routine. You have to keep your face moisturized, make sure that you keep your skin away from the sun, and avoid constantly touching your face.
Advantages of Using Chemical Peels in New Orleans
There are a lot of advantages that you could benefit from when you are using chemical peels, it would be able to help treat some of your acne, minimize your pores, lift your skin, soothe your scarring, smoothen your skin, fade some of the discolorations of your skin, erase fine lines and wrinkles on your face, and balance the texture of your skin. All of this while giving you this customized non-invasive treatment that would help you achieve your skin goals and make you more confident in your skin.