Nowadays, the most sought-after technology used in business to lower production variation and increase control is the Six Sigma process. By removing non-value-adding processes and standardizing how operations are carried out, the Lean methodology aims to reduce waste.
Numerous businesses in a variety of sectors and sizes of operations use these two quality management frameworks and approaches. The method’s ability to optimize processes more thoroughly has increased the demand for Lean Six Sigma certified professionals. For professionals wishing to develop a strong set of business management abilities while introducing the best procedures and practices for effectiveness and efficiency at work, this mid-level lean six sigma certification training is ideal.
What is Lean Six Sigma?
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is an approach for enhancing corporate operations that combines the principles of Lean and Six Sigma. Lean eliminates waste from the production process in order to increase customer satisfaction, while Six Sigma increases quality and lowers the likelihood of errors and faults.
How do Lean and Six Sigma work together?
You can see how, even when used separately, Lean and Six Sigma can be quite powerful tools.
As was already established, the two methodologies complement one another so well that “Lean Six Sigma”—the name of the combination—is almost more well-known than the individual approaches.
Six Sigma strives to increase quality by minimizing faults or deviations, and Lean assists you in streamlining operations. Both approaches center on creating processes that work at their best.
What is the Six Sigma Certification?
An organization’s business processes can be improved by using a set of tools and procedures called Six Sigma. The main objective of Six Sigma certification is to formally recognize people (like you) who have the knowledge and abilities to locate variations, flaws, or errors in a business process and reduce or eliminate them.
There are four different skill levels for the Six Sigma Certification: Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt. These certificates can be achieved from an organization that trains and certifies professionals in more than 176 countries, such as Advanced Innovation Group Pro Excellence (AIGPE).
These certificates will raise the bar and legitimacy of your job while also assisting you in becoming a process improvement expert.
The belt designations for each track are generally as follows:
- White Belt: This provides a fundamental grasp of Six Sigma procedures and aids in project assistance (many certification providers don’t even provide this level because it’s frequently covered by Yellow Belt certification).
- Yellow chart: White Belt level proficiency in Six Sigma, but not yet capable of taking the initiative and managing projects on their own.
- Green Belt: An employee becomes a lead green belt team or project member with the green level qualification. You need to understand Six Sigma methodology and tools and have three years of work experience to be eligible for the green belt.
- Black Belt: Black belts should be knowledgeable in the business zone. They should have coaching and team leadership experience and should have successfully led two or more Six Sigma processes.
- Master Black Belt: A black belt certificate belongs to the master black belt. They either have at least five years of professional experience or have seen 10 Six Sigma processes through to completion. Black and green belts are coached by the master black belt, who also has access to all Six Sigma DMAIC processes and tools.
Which is the best Lean Six Sigma certification?
The most well-recognized certification for Lean Six Sigma proficiency is the one provided by the Isenberg School of Management of the University of Massachusettes. Their Post Graduate program in Lean Six Sigma certification is the best option to fast-track your career in the Agile world. The program is powered by KPMG, one of the ‘big four’ accounting firms in the world. It is a 6 month-long, intensive online Bootcamp that covers all the significant facets of Lean management, Lean Six Sigma Greem belt, Black Belt training, Digital Transformation, Agile management, Quality Management, Minitab, etc.
This program, offered by one of the top 25 Public Universities in the US, gives you training from the world’s foremost academic experts on the subject. Moreover, all the courses are aligned with the regulatory body – IASSC-Lean Six Sigma – ensuring that the credentials are recognized by the industry. It contains real-world case studies prepared by HBS professors. Furthermore, the Bootcamp is enriched with periodic live classes from industry leaders in Lean Six Sigma, apart from masterclasses from UMass faculty.
All in all, this course will assist you in strengthening your resume and provide mock interview sessions to prepare you for the most difficult of interviews.
Benefits of taking up Lean Six Sigma Training
- Participants gain from departing with the knowledge and abilities necessary to increase organizational performance, the quality of products, and the competitiveness of any company operating in their industry.
- Participants go through a hands-on, applicable, and assisted learning process that enables them to develop a set of skills that are useful for real-world applications.
- Hiring firms regard professionals with a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt accreditation as a way to drastically cut or completely eliminate flawed processes. These advancements then result in increased financial profitability and general performance.
- Professionals that possess this credential have access to more chances, better pay, and stronger benefits. The typical salary range for professionals with this credential is between USD 88,000 and USD 114,600.
Adopting business process improvement will reduce waste, improve mind share, and boost operational effectiveness. Your company will make greater use of its current resources. Business processes will be improved by identifying abilities and components that need additional development or distillation.
A promotion at work and differentiation from peers are two significant benefits of earning a Six Sigma certification. If you want to be promoted or work as a leader in your firm, you must have a Six Sigma certification. It may also aid in your employment search at other businesses. Six Sigma-certified employees are in high demand since they contribute to increased productivity and effectiveness in business operations.