Over fifty years ago, in a NY Times publication, Milton Friedman stated, “The social responsibility of a business is to increase its profits.” Cut to 2022, two years after Covid-19 became a worldwide threat, businesses have shifted their perspective from exclusively earning profits to serving a larger purpose. With the onset of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approach, companies have aligned volunteer initiatives as a pivotal part of pursuing long-term goals, including creating value for shareholders and contributing to society’s well-being. A good CSR program also ensures better employee commitment and customer satisfaction, reduces business risk, and provides better finance access.
Advantages of Using Volunteer Software Solutions
According to the KPMG 2020 report, 80% of worldwide organizations now share their sustainability reports on an annual basis. Integrating a volunteer management solution can affect the impact of a business and foster a better, more positive work environment. It can also help leverage data insights from the CSR programs and initiatives and offer plentiful resources to align the business goals with associated social causes. Ahead are a few advantages of using volunteer software solutions to ensure a CSR success:
- Saves time and operational costs by automating the processes.
- Delegates volunteer for daily tasks and simplify sign-ups.
- Automates the scheduling process ahead of time and assigns new volunteering opportunities.
- Allows easy tracking of volunteers, sharing updates on their recruiting and training process.
- The dashboard allows easy data access on multiple gadgets, regardless if one is on the go.
- It opens up a platform for communication and improves engagement among team members.
5 Volunteer Apps & Tools for Businesses to Try in 2022
Using the right volunteer management software can make any organization’s workflow much more efficient, allowing it to implement and improve its CSR programs, improve employee engagement, retain talent, and efficiently quantify the business’s social efforts. Ahead, let’s take a look at powerful volunteer tools that can help streamline complex functions of the program and allow companies to achieve their CSR goals:
1. Golden Volunteer Management: One of the most intuitive and customizable volunteer management software, which isn’t just pocket-friendly but also comes with a one-of-a-kind design. Their fun, interactive design helps with the flexibility of asking custom questions while being easy to use. The platform offers additional integrations such as the Salesforce volunteer management software to install and customize account user settings, as per the organization’s requirement. Features like cross-sector collaboration, automatic tracking, and easy curations make Golden Volunteer Management an easy recommendation for organizations.
2. InitLive: With its extensive features, malleable framework, and comprehensive reporting functionality, InitLive makes for an easy yet efficient corporate volunteer program. Organizations can help their employees by offering something of value which is personalized to match one’s interests. To serve a larger purpose for businesses, InitLive offers an all-in-one volunteer software that helps them increase their operational capacity and grow their volunteer team.
3. TimeCounts: The central idea of TimeCounts is to build a strong volunteer community that can help organizations serve larger purposes. With its precise volunteer tracking tools, TimeCount provides a complete management platform that can do more than simplify processes, starting from onboarding, scheduling, tracking, analyzing, and pulling insights. Companies can integrate their CSR program database under one roof and create workflows with easy sign-ups, log hours, and delegate commitments with new volunteer opportunities.
4. SingupGenius: For large enterprises, volunteer management can be challenging to coordinate considering the number of recruitments, shift in roles, multiple activities, and creating new sign-up forms. Using a flexible, robust, and budget-friendly sign-up tool can simplify the process by integrating different styles, which executives can customize according to the company’s interests and branding. The platform is an end-to-end solution for coordinators and organizations to help monitor the team’s database, organize new opportunities, and create online sign-up forms easily, among various other integrations.
5. Track It Forward: Volunteer coordinators require a time-tracking tool to know about their team’s engagement activities, analyze their efficiency in delivering specific tasks, and gain an overall performance summary using hour log forms and reports. Coordinators can develop these reports in no time by upgrading to state-of-the-art tracking software that records multiple levels of data with automated features tailored to your organization’s needs.
A recent report stated that 89% of Americans believe that coronavirus has opened an opportunity for large corporations to do right by their workers, community, consumers, and for the environment. Businesses can use this time to increase awareness and build trust and reputation in front of stakeholders, investors, and customers while creating a positive force in the community. In order to ensure hands-on management, flexibility in volunteer operations, and help track the impact of each member’s participation, companies can utilize valuable tools and apps to get the most out of their program. These are, after all, key factors in creating a good CSR program.