Website building is a tedious process and requires tons of effort. If you’re an electrician, plumber, locksmith, carpenter, or handyman, you may be skilled in other areas of your life. But when it comes to site-building, you might be lacking. After all, there are not so many easy-to-use tools that provide a way for someone who’s not a developer to create a site. But there is no reason to get upset prematurely. You may start a site without knowing any programming language in a matter of minutes, without going over budget or exceeding the speed restrictions of your router.
Building a home improvement service website is not an easy task. It would be best to consider many things before starting the process. First, you should know what your project will be about. What kind of handyman services do you want to provide? And consequently, what type of content will your blog be about?
Once you determine the answers to these questions, it’s time to get started on the process of building your site. This includes choosing a CMS and hosting. After that, you should select a template (theme) that determines your design.
CMS (Content Management System)
A CMS allows users to manage their content and site settings. A pre-built dashboard (admin panel) is intuitive and can be used by non-technical people (i.e., handymen) or teams to make changes without needing coding knowledge. Every business owner needs to use a CMS to help them maintain their projects easily and speed up the process of updating content.
- Joomla: This CMS is easy to use and quite popular. It’s an open-source platform, so no license or subscription fees are required. Joomla also provides a simple interface with an easy installation process and has many online tutorials and support. And finally, it’s free, which makes it a great choice for beginners.
- Drupal: This platform is much more complicated to use, but it also allows for much customization. It is a powerful, flexible, and scalable content management system that you can use to build, develop, maintain, and manage many web projects such as blogs, news portals, corporate sites, and government resources.
- WordPress: It is the most popular CMS in the world. It is a free and open-source platform that helps bloggers, website owners, and developers create and manage their projects. With this CMS, you can create an e-store, an informational site, a business platform, a landing page, and more, which complies with a wide range of handyman WordPress themes. So if you want your resource to be more customized, WordPress is a great option.
Hosting services are typically provided by an organization or business that offers space on its servers to customers who need to host their web resources. With the evolution of technology, hosting has become much easier and more affordable. In particular, you can now host your resource for only $2.95 per month!
- BlueHost is one of the best web hosting providers on the market and provides services like 24/7 support, unlimited bandwidth, and free website migration. They also offer discounts for their customers, including free domain names with the purchase and free setup.
- A2Hosting is another popular option as it offers high-quality services at a competitive price. They provide all types of features to their customers, like cloud storage space and automatic backups, to ensure that your website is safe from accidents or disasters.
- Kinsta is a managed WordPress host provider. It offers a range of plans for different needs and budgets. This includes multisite support, site cloning, free domain migrations, etc. It also has a dedicated team that provides 24/7 customer support and fast server response times.
- Dogado is an affordable hosting provider with great features for startups. It offers a free trial period that lasts for 30 days and competitive pricing plans starting at $5.99 per month. The company provides fast server response times, 24/7 customer support, and user manuals to aid in the launch of your website or product.
Also read: Affordable Best Website Development Service
WordPress is the most popular content management system. It is incredibly simple to set up and use, making it a wonderful option for anyone looking to build a handyman website or blog about home maintenance services. It is straightforward and can be readily adapted to meet your needs.
WordPress offers an extensive list of features that make it one of the best choices for anyone looking to set up a site on their own without hiring outside help. These features include:
- Simple installation process: WP makes setup and configuration easy, with only a few clicks needed to get started.
- Extensive customization options: You can easily add new themes, plugins, and extensions.
- Easy content management: It’s simple to add, edit, and delete text blocks, images, headers, footers, bars, etc.
- Wide range of plugins: The CMS has a lot of plugins that make it easier for you to do what you want with your website. This includes adding social media buttons, email signup forms, analytics, search engine optimization, and more.
Although the platform is quite convenient and multifunctional, there are some caveats:
- Even though you may use WordPress without coding knowledge, things will be much simpler if you have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS. However, most new users use this web software to pick up these fundamental abilities.
Who uses WordPress
WP powers over 43% of the internet. Entrepreneurs and small businesses use the CMS to create portals or blogs, and large corporations use it to build eCommerce or corporate websites.
Here are the resources of well-known brands that have preferred WordPress.
It is a fashion magazine that covers the latest in fashion news, beauty coverage, celebrity style, and cultural reviews. The website is updated daily with content from around the world. Vogue is also known for its annual fashion and trend reports, often credited with launching trends in the fashion industry. The web design features a widescreen background video, sticky header, slider, grid view, social media integration, and lazy load effect.
It is a well-known online magazine that has been around for more than 50 years. Founded in 1967, Rolling Stone has published many stories and pictures that have changed the world. The magazine provides its readers with the latest news and exclusive stories from Rolling Stone. It also includes interviews, editorials, reviews, and features on music, movies, TV shows, and more. The site has a newspaper-like interface and includes such web design elements as a megamenu, column mode, persistent header, login and subscription forms, and social buttons.
It is the online home for news, video updates, community activities, and more from the PlayStation brand. It is a resource where Sony Interactive Entertainment announces news and updates on their video game consoles, PlayStation Plus, PSVR, and more. The blog has seen a lot of changes over the years. In particular, an overhaul of its design and increased content production now includes videos and podcasts. The key features of the web design are a sticky menu, login form, combined grid & list view, social sharing options, and infinite loading.
How to Create a Brand-Looking Website with a Handyman WordPress Theme
The three WordPress templates listed here will assist you in producing a cutting-edge, attractive, and potentially profitable project.
This design will let you stand out from the competition with a landing page style that is easy to navigate. The template offers only the blog section as internal page. After all, blogs are a critical part of your online marketing strategy. Without it, customers will more likely go to the competition and never find out what makes your business better. With the current handyman WordPress theme, creating a one-page site with features like the Elementor editor, Google Maps, contact form, progressive gallery, pixel-perfect layout, etc., takes only a few seconds.
With limited resources and time, most roofing companies are stuck with a flat design that could be much better. Summit can, however, provide you with all you want while creating your online presence using WordPress. With a sleek design, this handyman WordPress theme will ensure your business attracts more clients and gets the right exposure for you. It features an Elementor editor, a Jet plugin pack, quick installation, translation readiness, SEO friendliness, free stock images, etc.
This is a perfect handyman theme for home maintenance agencies. It features a simple layout and doesn’t hurt the eyes or feel overwhelming for those starting with WordPress. Like all the above themes, it’s easily usable. You can add your logo, change typography, and set up your shop in minutes with just one click. It also has a Gutenberg editor, responsive design, team member section, e-commerce support, Google Maps, a gallery, and a portfolio.
Best WordPress WooCommerce Themes with High Performance: Video
Do you want more cool templates? Here is a video selection of the fastest WordPress themes with WooCommerce support on TemplateMonster.
Do I need to be a coder to edit a handyman services WordPress theme?
If you are not a programmer or coder, you don’t need to worry about how to edit a handyman WordPress theme. All the necessary tools are available on the dashboard. You must follow simple instructions (documentation) provided by the designer or developer of that particular theme.
What to choose — handyman WordPress theme free download or paid purchase?
Your only option is a premium template for home services if you’re seeking a well-made WordPress theme that offers customer assistance and permits commercial use.
Also read: Why Do Developers Prefer Premium Over Free WordPress Themes?
Is a WordPress handyman theme mobile-friendly?
Of course, these themes have their unique features, but what makes them great is how well they work on any device: PC, smartphone, and tablet.
What features make a handyman WordPress theme stand out above the rest?
The following characteristics of a top-notch handyman theme are crucial:
- A responsive (mobile-ready) layout;
- Easy customization;
- SEO optimization.